Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Zach!


Zach turned three years old August 28th. I love this little boy so much and am grateful for...

The great buddy he is to me. When we moved to Michigan Zach and I became a little duo. Wherever I went he was never far behind!

How much he loves his daddy, he will follow him everywhere - literally!


I get the biggest kick out of the Zach face. You can try the hardest to get him to smile, but he will refuse to smile unless of course he feels like it.

I love his thighs and cheeks, this list is not in order of importance... When he was younger I would show off his thighs to everybody. I just couldn't help myself. That is probably why Grant is a little bit on the small side, because I couldn't control myself when I have a chubby little kid.

I enjoy hearing him talk. He is starting to talk more and more and I love his deep manly voice. It's fun to carry on a conversation with him and the animation that comes with it. He takes talking very seriously and will repeat a word over and over again until I understand it.

He is very loyal. It is hard to win the heart of the Zach man, but once you have, he will be your buddy for life.

He's enjoyable to be around. He is basically mine and Grants entertainment for the day.

He is a kind brother. I must admit I was a little nervous how Zach would react with Grant when he first arrived. There have been rough times. But overall he is very protective of his little brother and wants to make sure he is all right. Whenever I tell him that it is time for baby to take a nap. He says "No baby nap!"

He wants to be a big boy so bad. He was so excited when he was able to move upstairs in Grants room, and he wanted to sleep in his bunk bed. The potty training part, is not so exciting and apparently not important part of becoming a big boy.

Loves his tools. Once a day he is busy building "His House." It is usually during Grants naptime, so he can be more productive that way.


Wants to comfort me when I am sad. He has a tender heart, there is no doubt about it. He gives the best hugs, and oftentimes knows how to help me feel better.

Overall he is pretty good at minding. And when he doesn't mind, he is a good follower (you can ask the neighbors about that!) So the key to his success may be good friends!


His feistiness. He will do things on his own terms and in his own way. You cannot push it. That is a good thing to keep in mind for me, because most of the time Zach and I are on different time tables.

I feel like he is more than just my son but my friend as well. At times I feel like he has been in my life since the beginning of time! I love my boy so much!

6 comments:

Tim said...

Happy Birthday MY BOY. You are all a dad can ask for and an excellent lawn mower! - Daddy

Alexis said...

What would the neighborhood be like without our Zachman? He is so fun and I sure wish I had known him when he had those awesome baby cheeks and thighs!

Ann said...

We missed Zach's birthday!?! UGH! I feel so bad now. Had we remembered we would have had Lauren call and say Happy Birthday! My bad. I'm sorry! I can't believe how handsome he is getting! Well, yes I can. He always was. But he looks so much older now! We sure miss you guys!

Aubreydoll said...

Happy Birthday Zach!!!

Becca said...

His 3-year-old pictures are great! I love them! And don't worry about the potty training. I thought the day would never come that James would decide to potty train, but then one day this summer, surprise! it came! He had just passed 3 1/2 years.

Happy Birthday, Zach!

Frances said...

What adorable little boys you have!