Sunday, November 1, 2009

The day I have been dreading has arrived...


Zach learned how to crawl out of his bed last night. I didn't think this day would ever come because he doesn't even run very much and is a very cautious boy. He was so wired after all of his candy from our several days of trick or treating that he was trying to bite Grant. We put him in his crib, and he was screaming his head off and having the time of his life in his crib. (timeout is not effective for this boy!) All of a sudden he walks outside of his room with the biggest smile on his face. Timmy and I start laughing and couldn't believe that he crawled out of his bed.

We put him in his crib again and he crawls out again, in the most careful way possible. We then took out his premium mattress from his crib to the toddler bed. And now he is in his toddler bed, and the containment of the child has been eliminated, My life as I knew it had changed drastically, and hopefully my non coping skills will be able to deal with this! The moral of the story is: do not give your child candy late at night, because then they develop superman skills and can do the impossible!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha ha ha!! You kill me! I cried the day Cohen learned how to crawl out of his crib... j/k...but seriously...how funny! I may have a few things you could try to keep him at least in his room at night if you're interested... although...this is Zach we're talking about here...that boy is too smart!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Ha ha! Just like the Raptors in Jurassic Park! Soon he'll be opening doors and visiting neighbors. Here's to hoping you guys can stay one step ahead.

Aubreydoll said...

Yeah, I was kicking myself when Bauer learned to get out of his crib...because I was the one who had to show him since I couldn't lift him out! Hopefully it won't be too bad!!

Becca said...

Jon switched the handles on James' door so that we could lock him inside. Sometimes it's the only thing that works to get him to go to sleep.

Maddy said...

i've really been dreading that day! britton was able to climb out of his crib once, but then did a total faceplant on the ground and hasn't attempted it since. *crossing fingers!* your boys are adorable.