Friday, July 30, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new!



We have had these green couches for a year. And I was ready to move on. I had been searching my favorite site for furniture (craigslist) and found these awesome couches. So without further ado. I e-mailed the people, scheduled an appointment with them. Put the green couches up for sale.

When Timmy came home I told him my little escapade and he was a little stunned to say the least. I called the lady and she said that someone was coming to see them in half and hour. So if I wanted to go and see them I had to go right then. I hurried and used our neighbors car to see them and bought them. Apparently the other people that came later that night wanted to buy them. But they were too late! ha ha ha ha.

Through the kindness of our neighbors for letting us use their van. We got the couches, only to find that they didn't fit through the door to the downstairs where they were supposed to go. which is so unfortunate. So I put the couch from upstairs to the downstairs, and put the new couches upstairs. A couple of days later a college student bought our green couches.

So it has been a fun switch. The only downfall is that the couches didn't go into the spot where they were supposed to go, but they work upstairs. So be sure to measure your couches before you buy them to make sure they fit in the spot where they are supposed to go! Who would've thought! I will show a pictures of the new couches later, sorry!

1 comment:

Aubreydoll said...

I know exactly how you feel, I wanted to replace our upstairs couches long before I actually did!