Sunday, July 18, 2010

What This Summer has been like...

This has been a HOT summer. So most days Zach looks like this, I have to admit that he was running around like that at the park...


We have enjoyed our fire pit, and Zach is starting to understand the delightfulness of smores.

We have discovered the wonderful combination of slide, pool and sandbox, though fun it is a dicey combination.


We love all of the BBQs and playing with our wonderful neighbors, who we love so much and thank our lucky stars for everyday. Timmy is doing a fancy move trying to win the game "PIG" (AKA "horse").

Timmy loves his garden and has become an even more amazing soil man. (From Timmy: this is an older picture of the tomatoes. You should see them now!)

Basketball, scooter, tricycles, cutting grass with scissors, staying up way past his bedtime to catch lightening bugs, eating otter pops like there is not tomorrow.


And when it is too hot, we play inside, watch Dora or Diego, or hide under the bed. And then when I am feeling productive I leave them for a little bit, only to find little escapades like this!



And I am taking it all in and feeling like a kid again!

4 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

I was going to comment on my favorite picture, but then there were too many! Zach and the fire pit and the one of the two of them under the bed for starters. SO CUTE! And Timmy is right about the tomatoes. You might need to post a picture of them to brag a little. They are so huge!

Alexis said...

I just read on-line that it was the hottest month of June EVER. Yikes. So glad we've had all those otter pops. And I agree that there needs to be new picture of your tomato jungle!!

Ann said...

:(!! Wish we could play with everyone too!

Marie said...

I love that you use phrases like "I thank my lucky stars"!!!! We listened to Anne of Green Gables on the way to CA recently and Adam is convinced that you are Anne. :) No, not you Tim.