Sunday, March 21, 2010

What could Grant be allergic too?



Grant is an angel baby, but he has one flaw that he cannot help. he is allergic to so many things. How many? I have yet to find out! It is a game that Grant and I are playing, called "How to get rid of the hives!" He has been having hives on his legs for a month, and I went to the doctor last week for help... he gave me steroids to put on the legs. So I started to call around to these ladies who have kids that are allergic to a lot of things and they helped me out a ton! I have declared them my new pediatricians.

So here are the results of my experimentation of food. I had to redo everything, because when I did the four day rule I didn't really pay attention because I thought he wouldn't be allergic to anything. (Note to self, don't do that again!)

He broke out in hives after he ate oatmeal (lucky boy!) So I won't be feeding him that any time soon.

Then I stopped feeding him rice and that has seemed to help.

I stopped drinking milk because he throws up after I drink it because he is lactose intolerant.

And come to find out, he is also allergic to soy. I started drinking soy milk a month ago, because I was missing milk, and didn't connect the two (soy milk, hives... same time frame).

So right now, he is eating fruits and vegetables, and I am not going to give him any grains for awhile and I am trying to stay off of the dairy products. Who would have thought that a person could be allergic to so many things? Hopefully he will grow out of these allergies. And despite all of this Grant still smiles and acts amazingly. Perhaps that is why he has all of these allergies, because he can handle them! Heaven forbid I had any allergies, I am having a hard time staying off of the dairy, because first of all I had to review the food pyramid to remind myself what was in the dairy section, anything that comes from a cow, right?

3 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Ugh, what a hard process to go through! I'm glad you've found a few things that have helped so far though! One thing I recently discovered is Almond milk so you could try drinking that! It's in the same section as the refrigerated soy milk at Meijer. Good luck!

Marianne & Clayton said...

I will be on the lookout for dairy free treats to reward you with. We love the Grantster!

Marie said...

what a CUTE smile!!!